1. Lessons are in a 9, 10 or 11week term structure. There is a maximum of 4 students per instrumental lesson for keyboard and 3 for guitar. Other instruments as stipulated by Keyed Up Music.
2. The lessons are conducted after/during school time and may also extend to recess and lunch breaks. Keyed Up Music (KUpM) will submit all timetables to the principal/ music teacher for approval for lessons held during the school day.
3. For lessons held during the school day KUpM staff will collect your child for the lesson and return them to class. For after school lessons, children are the responsibility of the parent/carer who must ensure child is dropped off at the lesson room and picked up at the conclusion of the lesson FROM the lesson room.
4. For INDIVIDUAL DAY STUDENTS: If a student is absent notification is required the morning of the lesson by 9am. If no notification is made the student forfeits the lesson. If notification is made the lesson will be made up by the teacher or credited the following term.
For GROUP students: there is no credit for missed lessons. Exceptions can be made for extended absence due to illness at the discretion of KUpM.
5. If a teacher is absent the lesson will be rescheduled at a convenient time or one lesson deducted from the next term’s fees.
6. An account will be issued at the beginning of each term with a 3 week settlement period. KUpM has the right to discontinue lessons if the account is not paid by the 5th week of term.
7. In the event of a school closure day or excursion lessons will be on a different day for lessons held DURING THE DAY ONLY.
8. KUpM is responsible for ensuring all copyright laws are adhered to.
9. Students are required to perform in a concert at the end of the year at a cost to be added to the term’s fees or in place of one lesson.
10. Once you are enrolled in lessons there is an automatic re-enrolment the following term. Keyed Up Music must be notified the week before lessons commence if you will NOT be continuing lessons otherwise there will be a 2 lesson cancellation fee for cancellations once term has commenced.
11. You will be liable to pay all expenses (on a solicitor and own client basis) incurred by Keyed Up Music in seeking recovery of overdue or unpaid monies including legal or administration costs and any amount payable to debt recovery agents (subject to any law to the contrary).
12. Refund Policy: For NEW enrolments: If you are not happy with the lessons, you have 2 weeks in which to withdraw your child and get a refund for remaining lessons. After this you pay for the whole term.
For EXISTING students: If you withdraw for any reason after week 2, you forfeit the rest of the term fees. The only exception to this is for broken bones or serious illness, please apply direct to us for credit.
13. By signing the contract of services you agree to abide by the terms and conditions set out above.